PLEXIGLAS® 8N is an amorphous thermoplastic molding compound (PMMA) with a high heat deflection temperature under load. Slightly inferior flow to PLEXIGLAS® 7N
Special properties of PLEXIGLAS® 8N
- very good mechanical properties
- high heat deflection temperature
- excellent flow / melt viscosity
- optimum mechanical properties
- maximum heat deflection temperature
- good flow / melt viscosity
- AMECA listing
- Used for injection molding optical and technical items.
- injection molding of technical components to satisfy higher demands on heat deflection temperature under load, e.g. lighting industry, automotive industry (taillights)
optical waveguides, luminaire covers, automotive lighting, instrument cluster covers, optical lenses, displays, etc.